In-Person/Online Stabilization & EMDR Preparation Strategies with Children
July 17 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
This two-hour workshop will address the overarching structure of the preparation phase with children with developmental and complex trauma. The multifactor model of preparation will be presented including creative and playful ways of increasing capacities in children before and in between trauma processing. These two hours will be packed with HOW TOs and hands-on strategies.
Please note that this is the first master class of a series. Registration for this individual class does not enroll you in the entire series.
Clinicians will be able to
- Identify different levels of preparation and stabilization with children with complex self-organization structures
- Utilize strategies to increase capacities that will provide the foundation for the processing of traumatic memories
- Utilize strategies to increase affect tolerance, provide corrective experiences that begin to set the foundation for new memory systems to develop.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2117
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.