Master Class #4 - Exploring & Processing Trauma Memories with Children within an EMDR Approach
Recorded October 16th, 2020
Accessing and processing memories of trauma when phobias and defenses are present may be convoluted and challenging. As a result, many clinicians never or very slowly move toward trauma work. Children who have suffered early developmental trauma need the healing that trauma processing can offer. However, they may be the ones that have the greatest challenges and resistance to access such memories along with the cognitive, emotional, and somatic schemas contained within.
This presentation will address the intricacies of exploring and processing trauma memories with children. How to establish the child’s readiness to move into trauma processing will be addressed. Portals and entry routes into the memory network beyond assessment phase will be covered as well as techniques that honor the child’s system and capacities throughout the processing phases of EMDR treatment. It will provide playful, age-appropriate and creative strategies that prepare the child’s nervous system for processing. This in turn will increase integrative capacities, creating a solid foundation for memory assimilation and integration to take place. This master class will be packed with ideas and a solid theoretical framework so your young clients can get the benefits of memory processing.
Clinicians will be able to:
- 15 min- Cite markers and criteria to establish the child’s readiness to move into trauma processing
- 30 min- Utilize playful strategies to explore and identify targets with children
- 30 min- Utilize playful, age-appropriate and creative strategies that prepare the child’s nervous system for processing and increase integrative capacities
- 45 min-Utilize portals and entry routes into the memory network beyond assessment phase that work with children that present with trauma-related phobias
- CE-Classes.com is the provider of CE’s.
- Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory boards to determine course approval.
- Certificates will be awarded after completion of the workshop and will print their own certificate after registering at Ce-classes.com by entering your confirmation number or keycode and completing an evaluation form and quiz.
- There are no known conflicts of interest for these workshops.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2117
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.