In this intensive EMDR child, complex trauma & dissociation specialist level 2 you will receive 8 hours of online training where you will receive an in depth coverage and review of the latest literature and research on complex trauma and dissociation in children. Multiple models and theories will be reviwed such as: Attachment theory, Internal Family Systems (IFS), the structural dissociation theory and many other models that address the etiology and development of dissociation in children. Assessment tools, differential diagnosis and clinical interview tools for children with dissociative tendencies will be covered. Following these 8 hours, you will attend an intensive-week long training where you can learn advance skills with children with attachment wounds, dissociative tendencies and structural dissociation. Multiple strategies and advanced protocolos will be provided to work with children with mild to moderate dissociative symptoms as well as children with structural dissociation.
The first part of this intensive program is dedicated to children with complex trauma without division and fragmentation of the personality and the second part will be dedicated to children and adolescents presenting with fragmentation and division of the personality and diagnosis such us DID or OSDD. How to work with "parts" and "dissoiciative parts" within the EMDR eight-phase model will be addressed. This level is for advanced clinicians that are highly experienced in using EMDR therapy. A thorough hands on approach is used, as Ana Gomez will walk participants through the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children with complex clinical presentations, dissociative tendencies and structural dissociation. The fifth day Ana Gomez will provide 4 hours of case consultation. Upon completion of the training, you will receive a certificate given by the AGATE Institute.
The level 1, EMDR-child specialist program is highly recommended before taking this training. This program will not cover foundational skills of EMDR therapy with children and case conceptualization so it is important that clinicians attending this training have either taken the EMDR Child Specialist Intensive Training level 1 or are highly experienced in the use of EMDR therapy with children. Not having a strong foundation in EMDR will significantly impact how much you can integrate the information provided in this training.
Full program includes training materials, 8 hours of online training, 34 hours of in-person intensive training, 4 hours of case consultation provided during the week-long intensive training and all breakfasts and lunches
- 8 hours of online training
- 34 hours of intensive-retreat training
- 4 hours of consultation
- A total of 46 hours of training!
No events currently scheduled. Please check back soon.
Clinicians will learn:
- The use of advanced strategies to layer the amount of trauma through the use of “in” and “out” strategies, titration and pendulation with children with and without fragmentation.
- Resource strategies to work directly with trauma related phobias, sensitized and polarized defenses.
- How to map and access the system and identify dissociative parts with children with a fragmented personality.
- Multiple "access strategies" to enter and explore the inner system.
- Preparation strategies specifically for children that dissociate. It includes how to talk to children about dissociation, how to restore dual awareness when is lost etc.
- How to orient "dissociative parts" in person, time and present safety.
- How to work with perpetrator parts, young parts and parent parts
- How to “stage” and provide a platform that optimizes the child’s integrative capacities before moving into processing phases of EMDR therapy.
- The use of art, play, stories and more to make the process developmentally appropriate for children with complex trauma will be thoroughly addressed.
- "Memory entry strategies" will be presented along with protocols that allow children to ease into traumatic memories that are overwhelming to the child's system.
- The use of interweaves will be presented that include interweaves that assist children in:
- Modulating arousal
- Maintaining dual awareness and a mindful presence
- Working with trauma related phobias
- Challenging procedural memory
- Recalibrating the nervous system
- Challenging the window of tolerance
- Maintaining safety while embracing exploration, and risk
- Nurturing the younger self and the inner family
- Utilizing resources during traumatic moments
- Changing the orienting response
- Completing truncated defenses
- Executing new and restoring empowering actions that could not be performed during the traumatic event
- Reclaiming dissociated, repressed and dismissed cognitive, affective and somatic material and reconnecting to the mind, the heart and the body in fresh and novel ways.
Continuing Education Credits
CEC Information: You will receive 46 CECs from Ce-Classes
CEC Information: You will receive 46 CECs from The EMDR Institute:
NBCC: EMDR Institute has been approved by NBCC as an approved ACE Provider, ACEP #5558. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. EMDR Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
APA: EMDR Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for these programs and their contents.
RN: EMDR Institute, Inc. is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #9755 for 46 contact hours/weekend
SW: EMDR Institute, provider #1206, is an approved provider for SW continuing education by the Association of SW Boards (www.aswb.org), through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/10/17-8/10/20. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for ce credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 46 clinical social work ce clock hours.
NYSW: EMDR Institute is recognized by the NY State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0125. 46 contact hours.
46 EMDRIA CE Hours: Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC is a General provider approved by EMDRIA. EC Provider #07005
46 EMDRIA CEs FOR PARTICIPANTS FULLY TRAINED IN EMDR THERAPY (Part 1 & 2)
Grievances and complains are reviewed within 8 working days. If you have a formal grievance please do it in writing. Please expect a response within 10 working days.“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.”