During the eight-hour online training and the intensive week-long retreat clinicians can learn advanced skills and practice under the direction of Ana Gomez, the HOW TOs of EMDR therapy with children. This training will teach in depth case conceptualization using the AIP (Adaptive Information processing) model, attachment theory, affective neuroscience, interpersonal neurobiology and the polyvagal theory. In addition, preparation strategies and EMDR games that will provide children with a solid foundation to face traumatic material will be thoroughly presented. This level is recommended for clinicians starting to use EMDR with children or clinicians that need the foundational skills. A thorough hand on approach is used, as Ana Gomez will walk participants through the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children with simple and complex clinical presentations. This advanced training workshop will provide step-by-step strategies that will assist clinicians in following EMDR therapy principles and procedures while meeting the developmental needs of children. Clinicians will learn how to make EMDR therapy successful and effective for children. Participants will be able to develop the skills and strategies that are necessary for case conceptualization and the effective implementation of EMDR therapy with children. Theory and supervised practice will be combined to provide a very tangible experience. Program level: Full EMDR training required.
Intensive program includes training materials, 8 hours of online training, 38 hours of training that includes 4 hours of consultation provided during the 5th day of the intensive week-long training and all breakfasts and lunches
- 8 hours of online training
- 34 hours of intensive-retreat training
- 4 hours of consultation
- A total of 46 hours of training!
EMDR Basic Training Level 1 & 2
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
This program will provide a comprehensive body of knowledge and advance techniques so clinicians can effectively implement the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children.
- Clinicians will be able to develop case conceptualization skills and treatment plans based on the Adaptive Information Processing model (AIP), attachment theory, affective neuroscience, interpersonal neurobiology and the polyvagal theory.
- Clinicians will develop advanced skills in treatment plan development and will have advanced supervised practice in global and phase specific case conceptualization.
- Clinicians will develop basic and advanced skills in preparing children for EMDR trauma processing. This includes resources for stabilization and affect regulation as well as strategies to identify targets using developmentally appropriate float back and mapping strategies. In addition, playful and fun ways of identifying targets will be covered such as:
- The use of Genograms based on the Adult Attachment Interview
- Memory boxes
- Masks and many others
- This training will cover in depth the skill-building model and the use of EMDR games with children to facilitate the use of the eight phases of EMDR therapy. Emphasis will be placed on the importance of making children acquainted with the different components of EMDR therapy prior to moving into the assessment and desensitization phases. Strategies to helping children develop cognitive, emotional and somatic literacy so they can access the cognitive, affective, and somatosensory aspects of the trauma memories will be demonstrated.
- Games to assist children in developing cognitive literacy and awareness.
- Games to assist children in developing somatic and sensorimotor literacy and awareness.
- Games to assist children in developing emotional literacy and awareness.
- Clinicians will be able to use concrete and playful strategies to engage children during the assessment phase. In addition, clinicians will learn advanced strategies to set up processing sessions to optimize the child's integrative capacities. These strategies are especially helpful when working with children with sensitized sympathetic nervous systems and children with sensitized dorsal vagal systems.
- Participants will also learn how and when to use interweaves that are more suitable for children.
- Interweaves that address the plateau of responsibility.
- Interweaves that address the plateau of safety.
- Interweaves that address the plateau of power and control.
- Somatic, cognitive and affective interweaves.
- Modulating interweaves
- Educational interweaves
- This intensive training will cover playful strategies that can be used during the installation, body scan and reevaluation phases of EMDR therapy. In addition, how to help children make new choices and incorporate appropriate behaviors in the future through the use of the future template protocol will be addressed.
- Clinicians will have the opportunity to practice in small groups and receive individualized feedback from Ana Gomez and the AGATE Institute facilitators.
Continuing Education Credits
CEC Information: You will receive 46 CECs from The EMDR Institute:
NBCC: EMDR Institute has been approved by NBCC as an approved ACE Provider, ACEP #5558. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. EMDR Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
APA: EMDR Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for these programs and their contents.
RN: EMDR Institute, Inc. is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #9755 for 46 contact hours/weekend
SW: EMDR Institute, provider #1206, is an approved provider for SW continuing education by the Association of SW Boards (www.aswb.org), through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/10/17-8/10/20. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for ce credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 46 clinical social work ce clock hours.
NYSW: EMDR Institute is recognized by the NY State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0125. 46 contact hours.
46 EMDRIA CE Hours: Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC is a General provider approved by EMDRIA. EC Provider #07005
46 EMDRIA CEs FOR PARTICIPANTS FULLY TRAINED IN EMDR THERAPY (Part 1 & 2)
Grievances and complains are reviewed within 8 working days. If you have a formal grievance please do it in writing. Please expect a response within 10 working days.