The EMDR-Sandtray Specialist program has two parts dedicated to the treatment of trauma and complex trauma:
Part I focuses on the use of EMDR-Sandtray throughout the eight phases of treatment for individuals and clients with complex trauma who have attained an integrated sense of self and identity.
Part II focuses on severe traumatization and mild to severe dissociation. In addition, it presents a systemic and dyadic approach to the use of EMDR-Sandtray with children, adolescents and their parents. It also covers the use of parts work in the sand tray within the frame work of EMDR therapy and the Adaptive Information Processing.
As soon as you register, you’ll have access to 9 hours of recorded videos that will cover the theory behind EMDR and Sandtray therapy and how to bring them together while preserving their essence. A multimodal and integrative approach is used beyond EMDR-Sandtray therapy as we incorporate somatic therapies, gestalt, and occupational therapy techniques. These videos will guide you to create your own miniature collection, prepare your sand trays and the sand-play room. You will also receive guidance and strategies for sand world creation and exploration.
Intensive Training in Person or Online
The in-person training lasts 5 days, and the online training is usually provided in two three-day segments. The focus of Level I is to provide step-by-step guidelines for using EMDR therapy in combination with Sandtray therapy throughout the eight phases.
Hemispheric differences call for approaches that acknowledge and work with the bi-hemispheric structure of the human brain. The field of psychotherapy is beginning to catch up with the findings in neuroscience, realizing that to restore coherence and homeostasis at a bio-psychological level, psychotherapy must recognize and work with a whole brain and nervous system.
Sandtray therapy provides a route and a portal into the client’s embodied mind that honors and acknowledges right- and lower-brain emerging data while engaging left-brain and higher cognitive capacities in the process. In addition, Sandtray therapy provides children with distance from the traumatic event and a developmentally sound road for finding healing. To withstand unbearable pain, children often must build a self-protective system that blocks their access to their inner world.
Clients/children affected by complex traumatization may come with a narrow window of affect tolerance and extensive phobias derived from trauma. You’ll learn how Sandtray work within the overarching structure provided by EMDR therapy’s procedural steps can support the work with defenses and trauma-related phobias. Sandtray work offers a refuge to the embodied mind of the child or the client of any age so that stories of trauma can unfold, offering space to the implicit and right brain generated material to emerge as well as the explicit information that exist in the client’s field of and awareness. It’s not necessary to have formal training in Sandtray therapy, as EMDR-Sandtray has its own procedures and principles rooted within the AIP model and EMDR procedural steps. A thorough hands-on approach is used, with Ana Gomez and the AGATE Institute trainers and facilitators providing individualized support and guidance as you practice in small groups. Once you complete the program, you’ll receive a certificate from the AGATE Institute and be listed on our website as a referral source.
9 hours of online training36 hours of an intensive retreat Overview The nine-hour online training and the intensive 36-hour retreat […]Book Now
AT THE END OF THE TRAINING, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
Videos, live demonstrations and lots of pictures of therapeutic work will be presented to give workshop attendees a concrete, tangible experience.
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Arizona time, with lunch from noon to 1
Two three-day segments
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
You must have attended an approved basic EMDR training consisting of a minimum of 50 hours.
- Full refund If you cancel within 48 hours of registration, otherwise there is a $100 USD processing fee.
- No refunds will be provided If you cancel within 15 days before the training. The fee will be transferred to another future training minus $100 processing fee.
- Once the training begins, no refunds of transfers will be granted unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- We reserve the right to cancel and fees will be refunded or forwarded to a future training.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) (CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.)
- The Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling (provider number 852 BAP expires 3/31/2023)
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, . The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, which recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements
- The California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) (provider number OS-12-147-0223 expires 02-2023)
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners (CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education)
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors (CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education)
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board (provider number RCST031201)
- The New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by (the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work recognizes CE-Classes.com as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers) (provider number SW-0120)
- The New York Mental Health Practitioners Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by (the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors) (provider number MHC-0260)
- The New York Psychology Board (the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology recognizes CE-Classes.com as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists) (provider number PSY-0211)
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024 (Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.)
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2024
This course is not available for NBCC credit This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
45 EMDRIA CE Hours: Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC, is a provider approved by EMDRIA. EC Provider #07005
“There is no known commercial support for this program”
“There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”
Grievances: All grievances must be submitted in writing to email@example.com and will be replied to within 5-10 business days.