- This event has passed.
Complex Trauma & Dissociation Across the Lifespan Module 4: Chronic & Traumatic Shame and Guilt
February 12, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EST
The Part 2 training offers advanced treatment tools to work with individuals who have endured chronic and developmental trauma across various developmental stages. Early relational trauma often results in a self-organization that presents with fragmentation, entrenched defenses, trauma related phobias, and deeply rooted internal conflicts. These are often combined with layers of memories of trauma and adversity and an overarching dissociative personality structure.
For these individuals, adaptive information quite often is scarce, limited or even absent.
We will present case conceptualization and therapeutic techniques to work directly with trauma-related phobias and defenses that have the potential to stagnate the therapeutic process. Harmful behaviors will be addressed throughout various stages of development along with strategies to address them.
This presentation will offer portals, access routes and therapeutic strategies that provide titration and a gradual entrance into traumatogenic material. In addition, appropriate methods of treatment will be presented that honor the age-related needs, capacities and demands of our clients.
MODULE 4: Chronic & Traumatic Shame and Guilt
Participants will be able to:
- Cite theories that address the origins of traumatic shame and guilt
- Identify elements of the parent-child relationship that contribute to the development of shame
- Utilize strategies to deal with the client’s the inner critic
- Utilize integrative top-down and bottom approaches to treat chronic shame
- CE-Classes.com is the provider of CE’s.
- Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory boards to determine course approval.
- Certificates will be awarded after completion of the workshop and will print their own certificate after registering at Ce-classes.com by entering your confirmation number or keycode and completing an evaluation form and quiz.
- There are no known conflicts of interest for these workshops.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2117
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
Proof of Weekend 2 Completion of The EMDR Basic Training is required for attendance.
Grievances must be put in writing to Info@anagomez.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
ADA assistance: Please contact Jim Mason at email@example.com if special accommodation is required.