- This event has passed.
6th Master Class with Ana Gomez: Using Group Work in EMDR Therapy with Children & Parents
February 6, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 pm PST
Have you thought about incorporating EMDR group with children work into your practice? EMDR therapy “with” and “in” groups is a modality that could help clinicians increase the number of families and children they reach. This presentation will address the various facets of group work within an EMDR approach with children. Preparation and stabilization groups with children can be highly effective and it can engage children that do not easily participate individually. This Master class will address EMDR based activities to enhance affect tolerance, build new neural networks in the child’s brain, increase state change capacities, work with defenses and self-states, all within a group setting. Processing groups will be covered for children that show readiness to embrace trauma, utilizing protocols like GTEP(Shapiro) and its adaptation for children: The Butterfly Journey (Gomez).
Parents also benefit from EMDR focused groups where a wide range of goals may be accomplished, from psychoeducation, stabilization, increasing mentalizing capacities as well as to process triggers and trauma memories and with it restore their role as co-regulators of the child’s system. An overview of the multiple possibilities and ways of using the power of group work with children will be presented. An overview of protocols such as GTEP (Shapiro) and its adaptation for children: The Butterfly Journey (Gomez) will be presented.
Clinicians will be able to:
- 15 min- Identify the difference between EMDR therapy “with” and “in” groups with children and parents.
- 45 min- Utilize multiple group models and group strategies based on primary goals of treatment with children: Stabilization and emotion regulation, skill-building, processing, and working with defenses and self-states.
- 45 min- Utilize multiple group models to work with parents: Psychoeducation, emotion regulation, mentalization and reflective functioning, processing, and more.
- 15 min- Cite elements of GTEP and the butterfly journey with children to process memories of trauma.
- CE-Classes.com is the provider of CE’s.
- Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory boards to determine course approval.
- Certificates will be awarded after completion of the workshop and will print their own certificate after registering at Ce-classes.com by entering your confirmation number or keycode and completing an evaluation form and quiz.
- There are no known conflicts of interest for these workshops.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2117
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
Proof of Weekend 2 Completion of The EMDR Basic Training is required for attendance.
Grievances must be put in writing to Info@anagomez.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
ADA assistance: Please contact Jim Mason at email@example.com if special accommodation is required.