- This event has passed.
EMDR Sandtray Specialist Certificate Intensive Program – Online – Pacific Time Zone
August 19 - August 28
9 hours of pre-recorded training
36 hours of live-online training
The 45-hour Online intensive training is a comprehensive certificate program that includes 9 hours of pre-recorded training and 36 hours of Live-Online training where you will have supervised practice, live demonstrations, and videos. You will learn the power of Sandtray based-EMDR therapy combined with play therapy with clients of all ages but more specifically with children. During the 9 hours of online training, you will learn theory and foundational skills that will prepare you for the intensive program. You will learn about Sand play and Sand tray therapy history as well as the difference between the Sandtray based- EMDR therapy and other sand tray and sand-based therapies. Following these 9 hours, you will attend (online) an intensive-six day training where you can continue to learn how to navigate through the eight phases of EMDR therapy in the sand tray. You will practice and receive feedback directly from Ana Gomez or AGATE Institute trainers and facilitators. EMDR therapy combined with Sandtray strategies is especially useful for children that present with dysregulation or constriction of the affective system which requires a greater distance from the traumatic material due to having endured complex and developmental trauma. In addition, you will learn how sand tray work within the overarching structure provided by EMDR therapy procedural steps can support the work with defenses and trauma related phobias. The EMDR-Sandtray therapy offers various levels of distance from the traumatic material: The actual memory of trauma where the self is present in the story, to the general story/world where the self is absent. Sandtray based therapies offer a refuge to the embodied mind of the client so stories of trauma can unfold. The Sandtray work, offers space to the implicit and right brain-based material to emerge as well as the explicit one that exist in the client’s field of consciousness. It is not necessary to have the formal training in sand tray or Sandplay therapy as EMDR-Sandtray therapy has its own procedures and principles rooted within the AIP model and EMDR procedural steps. A thorough hands-on approach is used, as Ana Gomez and the AGATE Institute trainers and facilitators will provide individualized support and guidance as you practice in small groups. Even though this training is Online, you will have extensive opportunities to practice, receive feedback and watch live demonstrations utilizing EMDR-Sandtray therapy. Detailed instructions will be sent once you register. Once you complete the program, you will receive a certificate given by the AGATE Institute and you will be in our website as a referral source..
Clinicians will be able to identify, utilize or cite:
- Case conceptualization skills to use with children and adolescents as well as adults with complex clinical presentations that may require greater levels of distance from the traumatic material.
- Basic Sand tray therapy procedures such as how to set up the sand tray, develop miniature collection, explore the child’s “world” etc.
- The various levels of distance offered by the EMDR-Sandtray protocol.
- How to develop resources during preparation phase using the sand tray including:
- Safe-calm-happy place
- Resource spots (Gomez)
- The little self-healing place
- How to set up the assessment phase honoring the various levels of distance.
- Interweaves within the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol using the Interweave Systems Model (ISM) developed by Ana Gomez.
- How to work with the body while staying connected to the sand tray and the story
- How to work with preverbal trauma
- How to playfully do the installation phase and body scan using the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol.
Videos, live demonstrations and lots of pictures of therapeutic work will be presented to give workshop attendees a very tangible and concrete experience.
Videos, live demonstrations and lots of pictures of therapeutic work will be presented to give workshop attendees a very tangible and concrete experience
10 am EST- 12:30 pm Lecture and practice
12:30 pm to 1:00 pm Break
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Lecture and practice
2:30 pm to 3:00 pm Break
3:00 pm to 5 pm lecture and practice
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
45 EMDRIA CE Hours: Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC is a provider approved by EMDRIA. EC Provider #07005
“There is no known commercial support for this program“
“There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”
Grievances: All grievances must be in writing to AnaG@AnaGomez.org, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.
EMDR Basic Training Level 1 & 2