Master Class #3 - Working With Defenses, Parts And Resistance In Children During Initial Phases Of Emdr Therapy
Recorded September 11th, 2020
Children with complex and developmental trauma present with layers of trauma, adversity, attachment injuries and unmet needs. They are mixed and combined with entrenched defenses, trauma-related phobias and mechanisms of adaptations. These children self-organize internally to meet the demands of traumatizing and relationally impoverished environments. This presentation will provide EMDR clinicians with a clear theoretical framework along with specific and practical tools and strategies to explore and work with such entrenched defenses and phobias during the initial phases of treatment. Many EMDR clinicians may feel challenged and exhausted as they try to help these children heal. This workshop will give you a road map to be able to work with your complex cases.
Clinicians will be able to:
- 45 min- Cite the theories that help us understand defenses and phobia formation in complexly traumatized children.
- 45 min-Utilize strategies to explore defenses and phobias using play and EMDR strategies with children with complex trauma.
- 30 min-Utilize parts work to access defensive self-states and work with the internal conflict and trauma-related phobias.
- CE-Classes.com is the provider of CE’s.
- Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory boards to determine course approval.
- Certificates will be awarded after completion of the workshop and will print their own certificate after registering at Ce-classes.com by entering your confirmation number or keycode and completing an evaluation form and quiz.
- There are no known conflicts of interest for these workshops.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2117
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.