Master Class #3 - Working With Defenses, Parts And Resistance In Children During Initial Phases Of Emdr Therapy
Recorded September 11th, 2020
Children with complex and developmental trauma present with layers of trauma, adversity, attachment injuries and unmet needs. They are mixed and combined with entrenched defenses, trauma-related phobias and mechanisms of adaptations. These children self-organize internally to meet the demands of traumatizing and relationally impoverished environments. This presentation will provide EMDR clinicians with a clear theoretical framework along with specific and practical tools and strategies to explore and work with such entrenched defenses and phobias during the initial phases of treatment. Many EMDR clinicians may feel challenged and exhausted as they try to help these children heal. This workshop will give you a road map to be able to work with your complex cases.
Clinicians will be able to:
- 45 min- Cite the theories that help us understand defenses and phobia formation in complexly traumatized children.
- 45 min-Utilize strategies to explore defenses and phobias using play and EMDR strategies with children with complex trauma.
- 30 min-Utilize parts work to access defensive self-states and work with the internal conflict and trauma-related phobias.
- CE-Classes.com is the provider of CE’s.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- New York Mental Health Practitioners Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0260.
- New York Psychology Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0211
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2024.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.