Master Class #5 - The EMDR Interweave with Children: Blocked Processing & Integration
Recorded November 20th, 2020
Information processing with children with chronic and developmental trauma may get blocked more often as they navigate through memory systems that contain entrenched defenses, rooted distortions, and metaperceptions, and truncated defenses. EMDR clinicians need to be well equipped with developmentally appropriate as well as child friendly interweaves and interventions to address an information processing system that stalls.
This workshop will present the Interweave Systems Model (ISM) that will provide guidelines and decision- making markers that will aid you in the process of selecting an interweave. Cognitive, emotional, and somatic levels of information processing will be addressed along with interventions that can fully accompany children as they navigate through them.
Clinicians will learn a wide range of child-friendly interweaves that work with the attachment system to repair, mirror, validate, meet unmet needs, nurture, and heal the “little self” and wounded parts. In addition, interweaves will be presented that work with the body and the sensorimotor system that support the child in completing truncated defenses, modulating arousal, recalibrate the nervous system, challenge procedural memory and execute empowering actions that could not be performed during the traumatic event. In addition, interweaves that challenge the window of tolerance as the child is invited to embrace exploration and risk while maintaining safety will be addressed.
This master class will be loaded with rich information and content resulting in 3 CE credits with no additional fees.
Clinicians will be able to:
- 15 min- Cite guidelines and decision-making markers from the Interweave Systems Model (ISM)
- 45 min- Utilize child friendly interweaves that work directly with the attachment system to repair, mirror, validate, meet unmet needs, nurture and heal the “little self” and wounded parts
- 45 min- Utilize interweaves that work with the body and the sensorimotor system and support the child in completing truncated defenses, modulate arousal, recalibrate the nervous system, challenge procedural memory, and execute empowering actions that could not be performed during the traumatic event
- 45 min- Utilize interweaves that challenge the window of tolerance as the child is invited to embrace exploration and risk while maintaining safety
- CE-Classes.com is the provider of CE’s.
- Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory boards to determine course approval.
- Certificates will be awarded after completion of the workshop and will print their own certificate after registering at Ce-classes.com by entering your confirmation number or keycode and completing an evaluation form and quiz.
- There are no known conflicts of interest for these workshops.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2117
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.